Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wow is it really 2012 already?! I’ve been a pretty bad blogger so far. I haven’t posted in over a month! The holidays and planning a trip to Maui have kept me preoccupied. Anywho, I wanted to list out my new year’s resolutions. You know, so I can be accountable for them. Here they are:

1. Eat healthy and get moving – Pretty cliché new year’s resolution. It’s not because I think I need to lose weight; it’s just I want to be healthier. I’ve realized I’ve gotten pretty out of shape, and I’ve gotten in the habit of eating way too many sweets.

2. Blog more – I would like to post once a week. I think it’s a great way to remember the small things in life and a way for me to improve my writing.

3. Spend less/save more – It’s time to reevaluate the old budget and cut back spending. Jack and I would like to save a good amount of money this year, and my spending habits aren’t helping the situation. So, I’m going to spend less by really putting thought into what I spend money on. With both of us working, we’ve gotten into a bad habit of just saying, “well we could use/need that, lets just go buy it.” Probably most of the time we don’t really need it and could do just fine with out.

There you have it. Pretty simple, and easier said than done. I’m back to work tomorrow after a week and a half off, so I better go grab some shut eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment