Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 4

{Written on February 19, 2012 when I was 4 weeks pregnant}
This last week was filled with lots of excitement and anxiety. First of all, seeing that positive pregnancy test was amazing. I woke up Saturday morning trying to decide if I should test or not. I had already told myself that I would wait until Monday to see if my period showed up. Impatience and 50 cheap HPTs, that I ordered online, got the better of me. I caved and tested Saturday morning. I was totally prepared to see a negative and at first I thought it was. Then I noticed a very slight second line. You could barely see it. I thought it could’ve possibly been an evaporation line. It was silly, but I made Jack take one so I could compare them. His was white as a ghost. You could not even tell where the test line was supposed to be.
IMG_4509
The top two are mine and the bottom two are Jack’s. Clearly you can barely see that there is a second line. I didn’t want to get my hopes up, but I ran out to the store to pick up a digital test. I held it for 3 hours without drinking any fluids and took a First Response Early Result and a Clearblue Easy Digital.
IMG_4523
Clearly, I am pregnant! Jack and I were just so happy. Ever since I got that BFP, I’ve been so happy. Monday morning I decided to go in late for work so I could go get my blood drawn for a confirmation. I surprised my mom with the news Monday night. I bought a onesie, and wrapped it up to look like a Valentine’s Day gift. She was puzzled at first, but caught on pretty quickly. She was very happy and excited.
Tuesday morning I was able to make an appointment with my OB for Wednesday afternoon. After my second miscarriage, he said I could come in and see him right away. Wednesday morning I had a bit of a scare. I had some brown spotting. I was so worried that I was already going to lose the baby. For those who have suffered a miscarriage, any blood can be very frightening. Luckily it was just a little bit in the  morning and it stopped by late afternoon.
My doctors appointment on Wednesday went great. He prescribed me progesterone as a precaution because of my previous losses. I have an ultra sound scheduled for March 7th! I’m so excited. I’m hoping and praying everything is ok.
So far, I haven’t had a lot of symptoms. I had some mild cramps earlier in the week. I’ve been having heartburn, which I normally don’t get. It’s still very early. I didn’t really start feeling any real symptoms with my first pregnancy until around 5 weeks. Of course, I want something to feel different with this one. I really hope to have morning sickness so that I know things are going ok. For a lot of women it doesn’t show up until weeks 6-8.
I’m just so thrilled and I can’t wait to meet our little nugget growing inside of me.
How far along? 4 weeks
Estimated due date: October 25, 2012
How are you feeling? Feeling good. No big symptoms yet. Just some heartburn and mild cramping. Oh and feeling bloated and not as hungry.
Are you showing? Definitely not.
What are you researching? Spotting in early pregnancy symptoms, and when morning sickness usually starts.
Bought anything? I bought a couple maternity shirts to use for my weekly bump photos. The Mayo Clinic Pregnancy Guide, Eating for Pregnancy cookbook
Mood: Very happy and worried. I’m so worried that I could have another miscarriage.
Best moment of this week? Finding out that we’re pregnant! And telling my mom.
What are you looking forward to? My first ultrasound appointment in 2.5 weeks! I hope we see a strong heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment