Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 8

{Written on March 17, 2012 when I was 8 weeks pregnant}
IMG_4791
This last week has been good. Last Saturday we went out to dinner at Olive Garden since cheese raviolis sounded good to me. We were planning to do some shopping after we ate, so I let Jack know that I couldn’t eat my leftovers if they sit out for too long. He insisted that we stop by out house before we go to the store so I could put my leftovers in the fridge. I said it was fine, but he responded, “Do you know how hard it is to feed you these days? We’ll go drop off the leftovers.” And that was that. haha I thought it was really cute. He has been really great. He’s been doing extra chores around the house, so I can rest. We eat whatever I can stomach. I really love the way he’s taken care of me throughout this pregnancy. I love him so much.
Today is Saint Patrick’s Day. I guess there will be no beer partaking for me this year. It’s all worth it though for the little nugget growing inside me. :)
How far along? 8w2d
Estimated due date: October 25, 2012
How are you feeling? New symptoms? Same symptoms this week. Bloated, tired, nauseous, sore boobs. My boobs have definitely grown and they hurt so much. New this week is numb hands while I sleep. Some research online shows it could be pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I’ll let my doc know at my next appointment and see what he thinks. Sometimes my right hand gets a little tingly at work when I’m using my mouse a lot. I’m trying to be more aware of the position of my hands while I sleep to help avoid them going numb during the night. Nothing like waking up to a dead arm. I have to get up once every night to use the bathroom. It’s kind of annoying, but I can practically sleep through it.
Are you showing? Does a bloated belly count?
Cravings or aversions? I’ve been craving cold fruit and ice cream. Today I had to have some sour gummy worms. I think I had a dream about them. I have aversions to coffee and meat.
Anything making you queasy? The smell of coffee makes me gag. Pretty much anything that smells gross to me, makes me gag. I’ve only thrown up once though. I can stop myself by taking some deep breaths and talking myself out of it. I’ve almost thrown up a couple of times at work. I have this fear of throwing up at work. Every since my boss got sick and threw up and the whole office could hear him in the men’s restroom, it’s got me worried about throwing up at work. I’d have to say, “no don’t worry. I don’t have the flu and I’m not going to make you all sick. It’s just morning sickness.” sigh. I don’t want my work to know yet, so I try my hardest not to hurl at work.
Mood: Happy. So far this pregnancy has made it farther then my first, so I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m really starting to believe this is the real deal.
Best moment of this week? Going out to dinner and a concert w/ three other couples. Always fun to hang with friends and catch up.
What are you looking forward to? My next OB appointment on the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment