Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 12

IMG_5030
According to some sources, I’ll officially be in the 2nd trimester by the end of this week! It’s very exciting. Baby is now the size of a lime weighing just half and ounce, and measuring about 2 inches long from crown to rump. Biggest development this week is reflexes. Little baby C will begin to open and close his/her fingers and make sucking movements. It’s so weird to think there is a tiny human growing inside of me that is half Jack and half me. I still don’t feel like this pregnancy has sunk in completely for me. Maybe after my next ultrasound.
How far along? 12w2d
Estimated due date: October 25, 2012
How are you feeling? I’m not going to lie. This week has not been easy on my body. While I feel like the nausea is subsiding, I’ve been dealing with a really bad headache. It started Monday and hasn’t let up since. It’s now Saturday, so it’s been going on for almost a week. A few nights it was so bad it woke me up and I had to put an ice pack on my forehead. I’ve had headaches my whole life and I’m used to them; just nothing like this one. It’s terrible. I took a couple of days off work thinking I was getting sick, and I left early on Friday it was so bad. I’ve now tried to drink some caffeine which has helped a little. I really hope it lets up soon and this isn’t going to be a recurrent symptom throughout my pregnancy.
Gender: I had a dream this week that we are having a boy, so part of me thinks it’s a boy. I won’t be surprised if it’s a girl though. We’ll be thrilled with either.
The bump: A little bump. I can’t wait until I look obviously pregnant and not like I just ate too much.
Cravings or aversions? Not really craving anything. I think my appetite is coming back slowly.
Mood: So happy to be pregnant, but this headache is making me cranky at times.  
Best moment of this week? Hitting the 12 week mark. It’s very exciting to be getting so close to the 2nd trimester and knowing our risk of miscarriage has reduced significantly.
What are you looking forward to? Ugh they moved my NT scan for the third time! So now I’m looking forward to the NT scan on the 23rd and being able to officially announce this pregnancy to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment