Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 14

 
IMG_5055
This last week has been very exciting. Monday we had the NT scan, so we got to see our little one wiggling around in there. Afterwards, we picked up my mom and had a nice dinner at Hungry Hunter, and we had a blast looking at all the photos I got of the wee one. Tuesday I finally told my work the news. They actually weren’t very surprised. I guess I didn’t do a good of job as I thought hiding it. But everyone was very supportive and very happy for me. Also, Tuesday I announced the big news on Facebook. So all my friends and family know and it’s finally out there. No more lying to people and hiding it. It’s such a relief to not keep it a secret anymore. I loved all the congratulations we received.
How far along? 14w
Estimated due date: October 25, 2012
How are you feeling? Feeling better and better with each passing week. I’m finding I’m not as sensitive to smells anymore. I actually ate some broccoli, so that’s a great sign! Although chicken still doesn’t appeal to me. Will I ever want to eat chicken again?! I only threw up twice in the last week, so that’s a huge improvement. I’m hoping I can go this whole next week with out puking. Oh and last night I actually stayed up until 10 PM! That’s the latest I’ve gone to bed on a work night in a LONG time. So my energy is definitely on the rise.  
Gender: Jack and my mom keep referring to the baby as a “he”. And now Jack’s mom also thinks it’s a boy. I have one coworker who says girl. I dunno. I’m on the fence about it. Deep down I’m saying boy, but I don’t know if that’s mother’s intuition or just the fact that Jack keeps saying, “him”. lol I’d truly be thrilled with a boy or girl.
The bump: Bump is there. It still gets bigger as the day goes on, so there’s still some bloating going on. But when I first wake up in the morning, there is a nice tiny, hard bump. Baby is growing!
Maternity clothes: I wore my maternity jeans to work for the first time today. SO comfortable! Though they kind of slide down a bit.
Sleep: Sleep is great besides having to get up to go pee.
Cravings or aversions? Not really craving anything. Still having aversions to chicken.
Mood: So so happy this week! This pregnancy and this tiny human I’m growing is starting to feel really real. I’m getting more and more excited with each passing day.  
Best moment of this week? Seeing the babe wiggling around and announcing the pregnancy.
What are you looking forward to? The weekend. I’m starting to feel the nesting urge. I’ve got a couple organizing projects around the house I want to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment