Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week 22

IMG_6000

We had our anatomy scan last Friday. It was so neat watching him move around on the screen. As soon as the tech put the wand on my belly, he immediately started kicking it! lol He was moving around a ton during the whole thing. They didn’t get great measurements on everything, but all looked good. They estimated he weighs about 1 pound. He sure has come a long way since the first time I saw him as a tiny little bean on the screen.

Gender: Boy! 
Total weight gain: about 12 lbs
Maternity clothes: Still just the jeans and shorts. I think I will go look for some tops this weekend. I’m having a hard time finding shirts that are long enough to fit over my bump.
Sleep: Sleep is good besides waking up to use the restroom. Although the other night, I didn’t even have to get up once! One night though, the little guy kicked me so hard it woke me up! He should be sleeping when I’m sleeping. I guess I better get used to him waking me up. :)
Cravings: I’ve been wanting a lot more chocolate this week. I have a secret stash of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in my desk drawer. I’m trying to stay away from the sweets, but it’s so hard!
Symptoms: Not really any symptoms lately. I’ve been having some slight heartburn, but that’s about it. I guess that’s why they call the second trimester the “golden trimester”. I feel great! 
Movement: I feel him multiple times a day. Sometimes hard little kicks and jabs. Other times his movements feel very faint. I can actually watch my stomach move now. It looks like little muscle twitches. I still find it crazy that I can feel him moving around in there. Just makes it that much more real! 
The bump: It’s getting bigger and bigger every week. I love that I actually look pregnant now.
Belly button in or out? Still in, but it’s less shallow. 
Mood: Super happy about the baby! But this last week has been rough. Dealing with getting over my cold and a headache that lasted for three days, made me not a happy camper. 
Best moment of this week? Seeing our little guy move around at the ultrasound we had last Friday.    What are you looking forward to? The weekend, so we can go find some carpet for the nursery.
I love seeing how much I’ve grown. I can’t believe I thought I had a bump at 12 weeks! ha! I’m sure in another 8 weeks, I’ll be laughing at my bump at 22 weeks.

Maternity2

Jack has been working hard this week on the nursery. He completed the electrical and installed a ceiling fan. In my opinion, a ceiling fan is a must where I live. It’s too hot to not have one. They may not be attractive, but they’re practical. He’s almost done with the painting. He pretty much just has to finish the edges, and then all done! I loooove the color! It’s Behr’s Sterling in satin. It’s the perfect light gray color.

 Next on the to do list is purchase carpet and a pad and hopefully get it installed next week. I feel like once the paint and carpet are all done, I’ll feel more inspired with what to do with the rest of the space. I have a general plan in my head, but it’s time to start making some decorative decisions. I can’t wait!

Nursery

And here is Sadie, because she’s just too cute to not post a photo of.

IMG_6027

No comments:

Post a Comment