Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby To-Do List

With my pregnancy winding down to the last 2 months, I've put together my pre-baby to do list.

Pre-baby:
  • Finalize maternity leave w/ employer
  • Start disability paperwork
  • Attend breastfeeding class {scheduled for end of Sept.}
  • Purchase thank you cards for shower
  • Write and send out thank you cards
  • Install car seat
  • Set up dog sitting while we're at the hospital
  • Pack hospital bags
  • Finish reading my childbirth books
  • Buy postpartum supplies
  • Buy nursing supplies
  • Look into pump rental
  • Purchase baby items needed not gifted at shower
  • Wash all baby items
  • Put away and organize baby items
  • Watch Happiest Baby On the Block DVD
  • Purchase and install carbon monoxide detector {How do we not have one of these already?! Oops}
  • Purchase baby book if not gifted one
  • Assemble all baby gear
  • Pick a name! {We are still debating this one}
  • Put together music for labor
  • DIY some maternity photos
  • Make and freeze some meals
  • Finish nursery
  • Go on dates with hubby
  • Clean up around the house
  • Get a pedicure
  • Get a haircut
Post-baby:
  • Add baby to Jack's health insurance
  • mail out birth certificate
  • Call newborn photog to schedule session
  • Mail out birth announcements
  • Send out birth announcement email to coworkers

I'm not sure what else needs to be done once he's here. Anyone have anything else I should add? 

Already completed:
  • Pre-register at the hospital
  • Tour birth center
  • Take childbirth prep classes
  • Find pediatrician
  • Research health insurance for baby
  • Research circumcision 
  • Book newborn photog
  • Complete shower registry
I feel like I've accomplished a lot so far, but my list still seems so long. Anything else I should add? 

1 comment:

  1. I think you've got it covered! Isn't it crazy that we don't have much longer?? OH! What about installing carseat? Not sure if you're including that on the assemble baby gear item :) I need to figure out what we have to do to get ours checked at the fire station...

    ReplyDelete