Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 28

Hello third trimester! Wow! I can't believe I have only 12 weeks until my due date. 12 weeks just doesn't seem like enough time. I feel like there is still so much to do! I'm definitely in no hurry for this pregnancy to end. I just want to feel prepared and I feel far from it. Here is my to do list:

  • Find a pediatrician {I've got a couple recommendations}
  • figure out maternity leave w/ employer {I'm really procrastinating on this one}
  • start disability paperwork & PFL paperwork & give to OB {I've researched into it at least}
  • find daycare 
  • pre-register w/ the hospital
  • take birth classes {these start next Saturday}
  • figure out who's health insurance the baby will go on
  • finish nursery
  • find newborn photog 
  • plus all the things at the end like pack hospital bag, install car seat, etc. 

So yeah baby boy can keep on cookin in there while I get this stuff done.


Gender: Boy!

How far along? 28 weeks

Total weight gain: a little over 20lbs. My scale says I gained over 3 pounds this last week. :( I think I need to start watching my dessert intake.

Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity. All that pants I wear are maternity. I have a few long enough tanks and shirts that are non-maternity that I can still wear. I'm hoping I don't have to buy too much more to get me through the last 12 weeks.

Sleep: Still pretty good which makes me happy. Only annoyances are getting up to go pee and my hands falling asleep. I wake up and they're numb and I have to shake them until I get feeling back.

Miss anything? Not really missing anything this week.

Cravings: Just the usual chocolate craving. I think I'm using pregnancy as an excuse to eat a lot of dessert. I need to start watching my dessert intake a little more.

Symptoms: Some braxton hicks contractions still, heartburn, frequent urination, leaking boobs.... My ankles swelled for the first time since Taiwan, so I'm trying to stay well hydrated.

Movement: So much movement! I feel it all the time. It's gotten so much stronger. I can feel him rolling around in there. I like to place my hand at the top of my belly and it feels like little feet are rubbing my hands. Sometimes it startles me too. I'll be leaning or pressing into my belly and he'll kick that spot! I guess he doesn't like that. lol It's also crazy how all over the place the movement has become. Sometimes I'll feel it way off to the side or way up high. He likes to hang out on the right side. I can actually see when he's lopsided in there. One side of my belly will be higher than the other. He also likes to keep his feet {I think it's his fee!} in my right rib cage. It can be uncomfortable at times.

The bump: I definitely feel like it grew this last week. I haven't encountered any strangers trying to touch it yet.

Belly button in or out? still in although more shallow.

Mood: Happy, nervous

Best moment of this week? Date night last night with my hubby. I had to go get my RhoGAM shot so I was home by 4:30. We went and had Mexican for dinner and then watched The Dark Knight. Which was really good by the way!

What are you looking forward to? Ikea tomorrow! I can't wait to pick up some more stuff for the nursery.  And I'm really hoping I get a call from Buy Buy Baby to let me know our glider is in. That thing shipped almost a month ago! I don't know why it's taking so long to get to the store.

And the bump has definitely grown in the last week. No wonder I gained 3 lbs in one week! Look at last weeks photo compared to this week. Baby boy is getting big!



No comments:

Post a Comment