Friday, August 24, 2012

Week 31



Things are moving along quickly now. I can't believe I only have about two more months until his arrival. I'm getting really excited to meet this little guy that I've been growing in my belly.

This week, I've been reading my breastfeeding book and I started Ina May's book as well. We also met with a newborn photog and reserved a spot.  Oh and I bought this cute little knit turtle costume for the little guy's newborn shoot. It's from this Etsy seller. Jack really liked the turtle costume. I probably would've picked something different, but he really liked it, so I bought it. Especially since he doesn't voice his opinion on things like this very often.

Sea Turtle Hat & Cape - Crochet Animal Bug Baby Newborn Nb Beanie Cap 0-3 months Costume Halloween Thanksgiving Winter Outfit
{Source}
Still lots left to do. Here is my to do list with updates in purple. I need to make a more extensive list soon.
  • Find a pediatrician 
  • figure out maternity leave w/ employer {need to confirm details}
  • start disability paperwork & PFL paperwork & give to OB {I've researched into it at least}
  • find daycare {If I do get 6 months off, then I won't worry about this just yet}
  • pre-register w/ the hospital
  • take birth classes {Last class is tomorrow}
  • take preparing to breastfeed class {taking at end of September}
  • figure out who's health insurance the baby will go on {Jack's since it doesn't cost anything}
  • finish nursery
  • find newborn photog 
  • finalize registry 
  • plus all the things at the end like pack hospital bag, install car seat, etc. 


I was lazy and didn't feel like doing my normal weekly bump photo this week. At least I took one though!


Gender: Boy!

How far along? 31 weeks

Total weight gain: about 25 lbs now. My weight gain has slowed a bit to less than a pound a week.

Maternity clothes: Yes! All the time. I do have a few shirts that are non-maternity. The skirt I'm wearing above is a size larger non-maternity skirt from Old Navy.

Sleep: Still good besides getting up to go pee 2-3 times a night. Oh and my hands like to go numb. But I fall back to sleep very quickly.

Miss anything? Miss not getting up in the night to use the restroom.... I guess I better get used to not sleeping through the night from now on.

Cravings: I had a craving for Mexican food today. Satisfied it tonight by eating out at Que Pasa.

Symptoms: rib and back pain. My boobs are still leaking, and I'm starting to feel more tired. Oh and I had a day where it felt like my ab muscles were about to rip apart. I think he was just having a growth spurt or something and it was stretching my belly bigger. But man did it hurt! Then he would move around and push right into the spot that was sore. ouch!

Movement: Lots and lots of movement. He gets the hiccups a lot, which I find are really cute. It's fun trying to guess what body parts are protruding from my belly.

The bump: Getting bigger and bigger! It's getting large and in charge.

Belly button in or out? still in... wondering if it'll ever pop out..

Mood: Happy & excited & tired

Best moment of this week? Getting our crib and glider. The nursery just looks so much more put together now. I'm excited to finish all the little details.

What are you looking forward to? Touring the hospital tomorrow and getting things done in the nursery over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment